Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Quick baby update...

Last week I headed back to the doctor for my 24 week check up. The heart rate sounded good, I've put on about 12 lbs., and I'm measuring one week a head of schedule at 25 weeks (not that this is surprising, I did this with Beck also before his growth started to slow way down). And I can already tell that the eating has slowed down quite a bit in the last week or so...aside from the snacks and sweets, which are really nothing new, I'm back to eating like a normal person, as oppose to eating for like 10 people. All my blood panels and other test came back clean except for a slightly elevated white blood cell count that the doctor wasn't at all worried about. I head back right before Thanksgiving for my glucose test (always fun!).

As for preparations, nothing is happening. Call it lack of time, call it tiredness (for both me and Jason who is working crazy hours lately) But we still have some time to figure the little things out. It is comforting to know all the big things are out of the way already. The naming has gotten no where, not that we expect it to when you're not actually talking about it. I have a list of possibilities, some of which Jason is alright with, some of which he highly dislikes...none of which has called to us and said "THIS IS THE NAME!". What's funny is that we're both thinking about letting Kylie name him. On two separate occasions, unknowingly, J and I both asked her what she would name the baby if she could choose anything, and she told us both 'Elijah'. She said someone at her school has this name and she likes it. Now, Elijah has never made it on the list, but neither Jason nor I dislike it, and she seems very intent that this is the name. In fact, the other day I mentioned the baby as baby X (the recently coined nickname due to lack of an actual name) and she corrected me by saying, "You mean baby Elijah mommy." It was so cute...I might just have to let her have this one. After all, she's going to have to put up with two younger, smelly, yucky, dirty brothers for quite some time...

And that's about it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment