The other night, Jason and I were sitting at the dinner table having a 'heated' debate, over what I don't even remember now, but Kylie was walking around the table with her arms up in this defensive position muttering over and over, "whoa...calm down now, settle down now, whoa.." Well, we ignored her, because we already know she's a complete weirdo from time to time. Well, a couple minutes later, the argument becomes a little more intense, J raises his voice to say something and Kylie yells out, "Jason and Ba-rook (yeah, she makes my name 2 syllables for some reason) Release you mind!" And she said it in this hippie, zen, I'm as high as a kite voice, and then just froze and stared at us. Of course, we look at her and just crack up at how completely random she can be. I can't figure out what is more interesting, the fact that my 4 yr. old deemed it fitting to use our first names, or the curiosity of where the saying 'release your mind' came from, and what the heck it meant.
Anyways, at that time, we found Beck underneath the table singing to himself and it was one of those moments, few and far between, where I thought to myself...yeah, i can do three of these.
On to story number two...I was at home with Beck, holding a paper towel that needed thrown away. He kept trying to grab it from me so I told him, "no, its trash. it needs to go in the garbage." he got this look in his eyes, took the paper towel, crawled himself to the kitchen, opened the pantry, pulled up on the trash, and threw it away. I was so astonished at his ability to understand me that I clapped and cheered because I was so impressed. WELL, that was MY BAD! Ever since then (this was a couple days ago) it is not surprising to go to throw something away and find toys in the garbage, socks in the garbage, barbies in the garbage. I guess he enjoyed my cheering so much so, that EVERYTHING now goes to the trash: My little ponies, bouncy balls, crayons while kylie is trying to color...
I asked J how it felt to have to worry about both the dog and his son getting into the trash.
anyways, just a couple stories that will turn to memories I will cherish forever!




No comments:
Post a Comment