










Beck went in for his 7 month check up last Friday. He lost another pound, which I think is crazy. The doctor isn't worried at all, seeing as he's eating the right amount. He thinks Beck is just super active, which I totally agree with. The wiggle worm won't sit still and is always moving, always trying to find something to tug at or pull on. So, at 17.5 lbs. he has dropped from what was once the 95% to the 25%. Kylie never lost weight, but then again, she was a chunk until she turned two. Beck seems to have so much more of me in him, and seeing as my mom says I was always a skinny baby, I'm thinking this is just my genes doings. Anyways, its nice because I haven't had to buy him any new clothes, not so nice b/c even though he's two months older, all his pics are him in the same clothes he had before. (His scrap book looks like he only owns 5 shirts). Oh well, now that we're buying formula again (not cheap) I think I'll ride this train as long as I can...His height was 28.5 inches (75-90%) and of course his head was over the 95%, It's true, he does has Jason's big noggin. He's getting so fidgety these days, not wanting anything to do with his jumper or exersaucer. I keep telling him that he needs to figure out this crawling thing because I'm getting a little tired of lugging his butt around everywhere, but every time he gets his knees under him, he can't seem to figure out the arms part, and he just falls over. He's doing great eating from a bottle, but is totally over eating the baby food that I make him (I guess he realizes the neat combos Gerber makes are much more yummy than mine). His hair can't decide if it wants to be curly or not. I tried to take a pic, but I'm not sure you can see, if you look closely, his hair is super straight except for this weird curl on top, which forms a sort of Mohawk. If I flatten it down right after the bath, it usually stays down, if not, its pretty funny looking.
Kylie moved up to PreK B at school yesterday. She was very excited about it! Most of her class moved up, so she got new teachers, a new classroom, and most exciting, gets to play on the BIG playground at school now! (how fun!) She was so excited to go on Monday that she was up and in my room before 6 am, and the first thing out of her mouth was 'PreK B Today'! I was like, honey, GO TO BED!!!!! I can't be mad, I'm just glad she's excited. She's grown so much. The old Kylie would have been scared out of her mind at the thought of having to do something new. She has her last soccer class next week, and told me that she doesn't want me to sign her up for it again (Jason and I already knew she probably won't be the athlete in the family), but she has shown an interest in maybe trying gymnastics, so we'll see.
We took our first trip to the pool this past weekend, and the water was FREEZING still. Ky jumped right in, became an ice cube, and wanted to go home only 20 minutes in. Beck actually did surprisingly well, splashing in the water and hanging with dad. (This gives me hope for the summer).
Only a couple more weeks and then she's out of school for summer and will only be going twice a week. I'm really nervous about how this will go...me home with both of them. I really hope she doesn't get bored, or start watching t.v. again (something she hasn't been interested in at all the last three months or so). Jason's friend Gary is coming in town to see the kids this weekend, and then his parents are here the next weekend. Going to be busy! But I know a fun time is guaranteed! Here are a couple pics of the fam over the last week or so.
Very cute pics. Seriously, could Beck be any cuter with those big, blue eyes?! I don't know what formula you are using, but I have a can of Enfamil if you want it....
ReplyDelete