Even though I gained over 30 lbs. when I was pregnant with Ky, it came off within weeks, all by itself. And while nursing, after giving birth to Beckham, I actually weighted 5 lbs. less than my pre-pregnancy weight within 3 weeks. With Stratton? Not so much. I'm not sure if its age, or the fact that he and beck were pretty much back-to-back pregnancies, but I can't seem to shake these last 10 lbs. I have been fortunate, and blessed with very good genes, that I have never really had to watch what I eat (we all have our battles, this just has never been mine), and although from time to time I get in exercise kicks, its more just because it makes me feel better than it being really needed..well, in my opinion at least, maybe the hubby would disagree =) And truth be told, its been years since i've had one of these 'kicks'....
J took this shot of me and the kids while on our trip to the Dallas Arboretum. Now, I realize that Strat is only 5 weeks old at this point, but when I saw this shot, it almost brought tears to my eyes. LOOK at how big I am! look at that gut!

Now, while taking a stroll down memory lane only days ago, we ran across this picture of me in our house in New Orleans my senior year of college. Once again, it leaves a very depressing thought in my head. I want THAT back. I want to look like THAT again. But truth be told, it will never happen!
So...I gave myself till Strat was 8 weeks before I would start doing something to try and lose this weight if it wasn't already gone. Well...we only got a little over a week to go, and I'm stuck around 8 lbs, and I'm fairly certain that unless a genie comes sometime soon, these 8 lbs. aren't just going to disappear. I'm just not sure I can do the diet thing. The working out thing I probably can, but let's be honest, I get enough of a workout each day running around after these kids and there's no time left in the day to fit in one more activity...let alone to make that one activity working out! I know it comes down to what and how much I'm eating...but man, that's a tough one for me.
Anyways...I thought writing about it might help make me a little more accountable. I appreciate each and every one of the changes I have had over the last 10 years, from every wrinkle to every pound....but that doesn't mean I have to like them. I know each kid and day in the sun with them since then, is well worth it, but man....when did I become so OLD????
So..here's to losing weight and trying to get THAT back, well, as close as I can anyways. Besides...at some point, I have to either fit into my old clothes, or admit that those days are gone and do some shopping...I'm hoping for the first, then maybe we can do the second just to celebrate the first! =)




Okay.........it's almost 11:30pm and I am trying not to laugh so hard that I wake the girls up. Please note, I am not laughing at your pics! I am laughing at the fact that #1-you just had a baby and #2-the statement of being "old." What does that make me, my friend??
ReplyDeleteNow all I can do is think of the beignets you brought to my house two nights ago.......they definitely went into my mouth, but I might as well have just stuck them on my thighs!!