Monday, July 11, 2011

Haircuts and more...


There aren't many pointers for how to cut the hair of a 4 mo. old, then again, most 4 mo. olds don't have hair quite like mine! For the last two months Stratton's hair has just grown bigger...and curlier, but mainly...just BIGGER. Tonight, I finally wore J down enough to take a pair of cutting shears out and try to tame the beast. But just before we did...i took a couple before shots...just for fun! I wish I could say I 'frowed' it out a bit, but really, this is just what it looks like now-a-days...

Due to his typical bug-eyed expression, Jason thinks he resembles Newman from the old Seinfeld shows (see picture below) and although I found the comment humorous, it is far from flattering. However, J loved it and has since then referred to Strat only as Newman, or Newie, for short....I have also caught Ky calling him this from time to time as well....NOT COOL....
Now if I was going to pick a look a like for him.....with his amazing hairline..I'd have to pick Eddie Munster...although I'm not sure that's any better than J's pick.



See how long the back is? and the crazy thing is that the back of his hair isn't nearly as curly as the rest is, so it just sticks out even more...


J's first snip...I love Stratton's expression. I'd be scared too buddy...




The after. Now, his curls will only stay this tight for about an hour or so after getting out of the bath, then they loosen quite a bit. But still, I think it looks MUCH better. J disagrees. One thing is for sure, this boy is going to have some of the coarsest hair I've ever felt. If you get past the baby hair on top, what is growing in at the roots feels like a 90 yr. old lady's hair whose gone through a lifetime of dye jobs. (He gets this from J, as well as the curls)




Along with a new hair cut, Stratton also has two bottom teeth, which have caused him to wake a ton at night over the last week. (Not fun!) He continues to eat enough for an army, and is starting to get close to sitting up on his own. He's still got a way to go, but for all of my babies, they learned how to sit up before they rolled...strange, but consistent....

2 comments:

  1. I cannot believe how much hair he has! Miles doesn't even have a fraction of his hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my goodness...that last picture takes my breath away! What a precious boy!

    ReplyDelete