Monday, November 28, 2011

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

This weekend we pulled all the Christmas boxes down and decorated the house. I'm actually doing a scaled down version this year. With our house already feeling a little crammed with too many people, I decided to keep all the nicknacks stored away and just put up one of the trees and decorate the mantle. And of course, Ky has her tree in her room. We put the big tree up in the living room this year instead of the front window. With the addition of the train table from Beck's bday, the playroom is about to pop all on its own, and since this is the room we're in most of the time, I figured putting my snow covered tree with very fragile ornaments smack dab in the middle of that wouldn't be the best move. I actually like the combo of the tree and mantle together!

I know the colors aren't very traditional, but neither is my family!


If my house was on fire and I could only save a few objects (besides my family and pets that is) it would first be the kids scrapbooks, and maybe second this tree. It was love at first sight 5 years ago and every year I put it up we fall in love all over again!

Beck playing with ky's snow globe. I'm very excited to see how he will take in Christmas this year. I really think he's the perfect age for it. In fact, we even wrote his list to santa and I was amazed at his comprehension level. Among the regulars like cars, trucks, legos, he also had me write bubbles, pig, and money. Interesting choices I think..
Getting ready to help decorate the tree in ky's room...


Putting up the beads, love these two weenies...



Yeah, the tree is leaning, neither of them would let me touch the tree to fix it. =) they were too proud!


1 comment:

  1. I love that Beck helped Kylie with her tree. They both look so proud!

    ReplyDelete