Its noon....and quiet. The boys happen to be on the same afternoon nap schedule..or is it that I MADE them go down together? What difference does it make? I don't hear a sound minus the rain on the window and the hum of the computer, and I'm enjoying every minute of it.
I believe everyone has their "thing." You know, the thing that helps you keep sane in this crazy world of parenting? For me, it has always been the few moments of peace I get each day. Or use to get. Ever since the boys schedules have shifted I've been going days without any "me time" It doesn't have to be a lot, an hour of time where I can do whatever I want, or sometimes nothing at all, can do AMAZING things in the way of recharging and refocusing. Is that selfish? Or is it proof that all day long, every waking minute, I'm thinking completely and entirely of the kids? Although something tells me that isn't so healthy either.
This morning I was watching Beck play with his cars while I fed Stratton in the kitchen. He picked up his big rig and said to the bulldozer, "Hello, how are you doing today dozer? Good? Yeah? You want to make parking lot? Yeah? Ok, let's go" At which point he started to line all the cars up.
And it hit me. He's growing up so fast. It seems like yesterday he was taking his first steps in the playroom, and now he runs around the house like a crazy man. I remember how terrified he use to be of the black cloth that hid beneath the wood chips at the playgroup and would occasionally pop up and dance with the wind. This material kept him away from the swings for a solid 6 months, if not longer. Now, he stands right on top of it as he waits to be lifted, without a second glance at the "monster" right beneath his feet.
Yesterday I let him sleep an extra half hour during his nap. BIG mistake. Last night, the clock hit 9 pm and he was still in his room talking gibberish and laughing at himself. At one point I heard him say, "Momma, I bump my head on bed. HaHaHa" Who knows what he was doing in there?
He's getting too big too fast. An extra half hour of nap is enough to keep him up way too late at night. I can no longer sneak a cookie into my mouth and tell him its nothing. He knows, and will invariably want one as well.
After dropping Sissy off at school this morning Beck told me he wanted to go. I asked him where, and he said he wanted to go to school. Why can't they stay little forever?
Two is a terrible age for MANY reasons, It is also one of the MOST AMAZING ages.


Beck, You are a HANDFUL...and then some. And I wouldn't trade any second of it for anything in the world!




No comments:
Post a Comment