Monday, February 15, 2010

Can you say SNOW???
















What a crazy winter it has been in Dallas for sure with a record snow fall! After it snowed over Christmas and Kylie wanted nothing to do with it, I figured it would be the same this time. Boy was I wrong. She was outside playing off and on for three days straight and I literally had to drag her in more than once so she could defrost. She hated wearing her snow gloves b/c she couldn't really maneuver the snow, so instead she wore cloth ones which she soaked through rather quickly. Her and Jason made many snowmen, snow angels, and even had a couple snow ball fights. Me? I stayed inside and took pictures through the window of course (Not a fan of cold, or snow). The weather put a damper on Ky's party and so they're set to exchange valentines today instead. She didn't mind too much, as long as she could go out and play!

Beck has slept the last two nights in his own room. I can't explain how nice it is to have our bedroom back. I can now brush my teeth at night in the bathroom instead of the kitchen sink in fear that I will wake him up. He's doing really well with the transition, only woke up once each night just b/c he was fidgety. Although it took me a while to get him to sleep last night and every time I left the room I could see that Kylie was still up b/c of all his crying. I guess I should have thought about the fact that the two bedrooms are next door to each other when I fell in love with our house's floor plan. I'm hoping to get at least another month of him sleeping through the night before the teething starts, but we'll see if we're that lucky. He turns 4 months old today and at the rate that he's been drooling, I have a feeling that he'll start teething early.

On Valentine's Day we went to service, ordered pizza for dinner, and Kylie invited Makenzie over for a playdate which consisted of much lip gloss and baby role playing...I'm pretty sure they both managed to take turns in Beck's exersaucer too. What is it with kids and baby stuff???

No comments:

Post a Comment