Last week we packed up the crew (which really meant packing up pretty much the entire house when all was said and done) and headed to Florida with our dear friends the McGilvray family. We had a blast on the beach, in the condo pools (including a water fall, monkey bars, lazy river, spray park and wet playground), and much more! Steph and I were able to go parasailing, something both of us have always wanted to do, and Jason and Aaron even took the big girls out crab fishing one night. Kylie LOVED every minute of the entire vacation (but I think her fave. might be a toss up between playing in the sand, and playing kitty cat in the condo with Kenz and Ash.) Beck did MUCH better than I thought. He didn't mind the sand at all and actually enjoyed being in the water with dad. Stratton, well...he struggled a little bit. He was fussy all week there, had trouble keeping his food down, and wasn't sleeping well. Pretty much, he was a typical 6 mo. old at the beach! We didn't take a ton of pictures, but between the two families, I think we covered most of the events. It was hard to say goodbye at the end of the week, but I was ready to get home and back to our normal routine. From a travel side, everything went really smoothly. The kids did great on the flights (trip there wasn't full, so Beck got his own seat next to Ky and J while I sat across from them with Strat who slept most of the way there and back), the rental car process was quick, the condo was ready, and all in all, it was a blast for our entire family!
The three amigos...
Ky and Beck playing in the sand
Beck thought the hole was pretty cool.
Steph and I coming in from parasailing...
That's us...way up there!!!
Before heading up...
She did these monkey bars so much that she has blisters...
Playing in the ocean.
Daddy and his troublemaker...
Hanging with Strat on the beach...
First day at the beach with the entire family (this didn't happen very often in the 7 days we were there due to nap schedules)
A man and his thoughts...
An intense game of go fish...
Beck was very angry that he couldn't hold the crabs, he didn't understand...
After cooking the crabs, getting them ready to eat.
This spells TROUBLE!!!!
Stratton watching the Steelers game on Thurs. night.
Watch out waves!
She was so brave..the entire time I had to keep telling her to come closer to shore. She kept wanting to go out where she couldn't even touch anymore.
Our attempt at a family photo (thanks, Steph)...I had wanted to do this, but by the end of the week, I was over it. Luckily, I have a hubs to knew how bad I wanted one, so he made us do it anyways. Glad I did. Here's the FAB FIVE on Vacation 2011.







No comments:
Post a Comment