Monday, August 1, 2011

Weekend happenings...


This weekend I had the chance to get away and head to Houston to visit my dear friends Jess and Joey, and to meet their two beautiful babies. Due to our timing of pregnancies, the last time we saw each other we had only Ky and they had no children yet. Essentially, two years (and 4 babies ago) Sad to say, but true...the trip was WAY overdue. Anyways, we even got to meet up with my old college roommate. Here are a couple pics during the trip.

Sweet Baby Julia, 4 weeks old, about 8 lbs. (Stratton was never this small)



Jess and Jordan playing with Stratton


Stratton loved watching Jordan run around. Look at those boys sweet eyes! LOVE him! I seriously thought about bringing him home with me.


Sweet girl...


Crazy to think that these two are only 4 months apart. When they get older, 4 mo. will be nothing, but now....its like night and day. Look how big my kids head is!!!!


Jess and Strat

Kelley and Strat

And of course...leave it to Kylie to wait until the weekend I'm gone to lose her first tooth. I mean seriously...I'm with my kiddos 24/7 and she chooses Sat. morning to pop that sucker right out! Actually, I knew it was really lose before I left and I just hoped that it would hold on till Sunday. She woke up Sat. morning and didn't even realize it was gone until Jason noticed. They both rushed back to her room and luckily found it on the end of her bed. She decided to wait on the tooth fairy until i returned home so she could show it to me! I woke up Sat. morning to this text message picture...

Even with her morning crazy hair, I love this girl!




Kylie, the morning after the tooth fairy visited.



Counting her money.

I had told J to remind me to snatch the tooth and leave the money. So late Sunday night he walked out of the bedroom with two dollar bills. I told him that I had already put some money in a bag with a little bit of 'fairy dust'....he asked how much and almost freaked when I told him $10. I know its a little much, and it isn't going to be the norm, but it IS her first tooth. And we aren't back in the day where you can buy gum for five cents. Just about anything is at minimum $10 these days! Or maybe I'm just a sucker for my kids...that's a high possibility =)

No comments:

Post a Comment