Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I LOVE Fall!

Top 5 things I love about Fall:

1. Sweatpants:

Alright, if you know me well enough, you are already aware that I pretty much wear these all year long. But during the Fall I can sport them to the grocery store and not get crazy looks from the people I might happen to see.

2. Cozy blankets and warm fireplaces:

For as crazy as I am about my children's safety and well-being, this is one area where I refuse to let them win (I mean seriously, they win ALL the time!). There's nothing like getting under the living room blanket with a cuddly child (or three) and enjoying the flickering of the fireplace and feeling the warmth on your face. And the way I see if, if they're dumb enough to go exploring...they'll learn pretty quick!

3. Halloween:

By far my favorite holiday.

4. Cool breeze and warm sun.

Makes it perfect for random afternoon strolls around the neighborhood and trips to the park.

5. Pumpkin Pie

Yeah, another one that we devour pretty much all year long, but its one of my favorites. I feel like the fact that it is Fall gives me full right to have a small piece for an afternoon snack, AS WELL AS dessert after dinner. And yes, small is subjective here =) (don't forget the cool whip!)

Top 5 things I hate about Fall:

1. I'm cold all the time.

Doesn't matter how many layers. To me, the only time one should be cold should be bedtime, when you can cozy up with a huge comforter and make a nice warm spot in bed.

2. Nature

I know its all a part of God's plan, but barren trees and brown grass does nothing for me.

3. Football

Yeah, I said it. Most people love it. and the fact that I'm putting it on my hate list AND I live in Texas, I might just get jumped for saying it. Anytime the t.v.'s free, J has it on, regardless of if he's watching it or not. Sometimes I just want some peace and quiet from all the noise...

4. Illness

The runny noses, trips to the pediatrician's office, and all night screaming sessions with the kiddos. And with Ky in kinder and Stratton being more active, It's sure to be a petri dish of germs around here for the next 5 months!

5. The Stir crazies...

This links with the above illness comment. Once the yuckies hit full force and the wind becomes a little too chilly, we're obligated to spend a lot of times indoors, something that I don't do very well with at all. Hoping to get a regular schedule of 'sickness free' places to go and run off some energy once it cools down too much to enjoy the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment