Monday, September 12, 2011

Slacker...


So I've been slacking, its true. Somehow the everyday bustle of life is soaking up all of my time and energy these days. I blame kindergarten. With this new schedule, the kids are all down and usually asleep by 7:30, and I'm so done at the end of the day that I literally WASTE the last couple hours of each day watching mind numbing television, eating ice cream or cookies (neither of which I need) or just talking with Jason.

I realized yesterday that I never did my journaling for Stratton's 6 mo. entry in his scrapbook, and now he's 7 months. Ugh! Just-can't-keep-up!!!! Anyways, he doesn't go to the doctors until 8 mo. so hopefully between now and then I can play a little catch up and get back on track. Good news is his sleeping seems to be getting a little better. We took his paci away about a month ago in hopes of stopping his random night wakings, and it seemed to help the problem, but not solve it completely. I hate to say it, but he seems to just not be a sleeper (remind you of Kylie?) We have gotten a couple full nights sleep here and there, but on the stretches where it seems like DAYS since he slept well, I'm drained and about done with life all together. He's cut two teeth up top and is working on another one on bottom to join the three already there. My biggest problem with him is throwing up! He seems to have a super sensitive gag reflex, and for a baby whose teething, this usually doesn't end up so well. There are times where even a bite of stage two baby food (literally like a watery soup) will catch his throat the wrong way and an entire container will come right back up! Doesn't that sound like fun? Not sure what to do about this one, and I'm hoping its something he'll just grow out of, but until then, I guess we'll just flow with the punches...

It seems Ky is finally starting to settle into her school routine. She's still doing gymnastics, and is about to get evaluated to move to the next level. However, she's recently shown an interest in soccer (I know right, I'm trying not to get my hopes up people, b/c not sure I can handle a let down on this front) Unfortunately, this season is already well under way, so we'll see how she feels comes spring time. Fingers crossed this itch stays with her until then!

Beck is...Beck. He's talking like crazy now. Copies almost everything that comes out of Kylie's mouth. I think sometimes she gets frustrated because regardless of what is said, it always seems funnier coming from him, so I believe it seems as though she gets her jokes hijacked much of the time. His favorite two sayings are "no I do it" and "mine". He's very independent and thinks all things belong to him. We got a ways to go before we really understand this sharing thing, but he has moments where he can be very sweet and giving. We had a brief attempt at potty training, which only proved that he wasn't ready (not that I thought he was) So hopefully we can revisit that idea in a couple months. Last week Beck started gymnastics at the same place Ky does it. He LOVED jumping on the trampoline, but I think playing in the pit was by far his favorite.

Here are a couple random pics from the last couple weeks. I've been just as bad at taking pictures as I have been blogging and scrapbooking.

Beck checking out his big boy undies....which he wore for about a day before we gave up, for now....




Enjoying a popsicle outside, Beck has to close his eyes when he eats anything cold, its really quite odd....


One of my fav. pics currently. My friend Hayley dropped off some old clothes of her sons. Beck picked his fave. pieces and decided to run around the house sporting them all. A plaid hat, thomas pj top, clip on tie, and shoes that squeak when he walks...




Playing basketball with mom in the cool morning weather....can't wait for fall!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment