
Just when I thought Beck was getting his stuff together and sleeping through the night, he decides I've had it too easy. He's clearly teething, as is evident by the white coming through on his bottom gum, but still....he's getting up now every two hours probably and just wants to know someone is there, and then he falls back to sleep. He's really only nursing once, if at all, during the night so I know its not a hunger issue, and I would love to let him just cry himself back to sleep, but Kylie is such a light sleeper that I really don't want him waking her up because then where does that get me??? Last night I put him down around 9:30 and was up at 10:45, 11:15, 1:30, 2:30, and 4:00 (to nurse) before getting up at 7:00 to take Ky to school...and this has been multiple days in a row now. You forget after your first kid what a pain teething can be. I'm so tired!!!!
On the plus side, he's so close to rolling over, but shows very little interest in actually doing it. The only time he likes to really try is when I put him down to sleep, which is causing even more sleeping issues. He has always preferred to sleep on his side with one arm wrapped. Currently, I'm just laying him on his back unwrapped completely. We're going to try this and see if it helps with the sleeping issue. It's strange how different each kid is. They're like puzzles that change every day, and so I'm always trying to figure out what works. I wouldn't be surprised it he starts sitting up on his own before he starts rolling (not that i'm complaining, its nice to still be able to just lay him on the couch and not worry). He's already sitting up for maybe 5 seconds at a time on his own with very little help. Seems like he's doing everything (including teething) much earlier than Ky did. He's now been introduced to sweet potatoes, peas and carrots, and bananas and likes them all. However, he hasn't quite figured out the part where he needs to open his mouth to get the food, so he's still getting pretty frustrated at feeding times. We'll figure it out, hopefully sooner than later.
Kylie has been practicing her letters and writing so much lately, and has grown to really enjoy it, which is so nice to see. She has no problems writing her name now (something she learned a long time ago and then refused to do for about six months) and is starting on some sight words. Its so interesting to watch them learn to read. For me, it all makes so much sense because I know it already, but it is truly fascinating to watch them struggle through it. We've started on root words and are practicing changing the letters in front. For example I will give her "at" and then we'll practice sounding out "cat", "bat", "rat", "fat", etc. She seems to really like it.
We have her cousin Peyton's bday coming up, followed by spring break for many people and we're hoping some friends of ours get to come down for a couple days so we can meet their son finally! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the weather warms up soon! I'm ready to get out in the yard and garden! A guy from church is trying to get a co-ed soccer team together, and has asked Jason and I to play. We're trying to figure out if its even feasible, because it sure does sound like fun. But, the reality is, I haven't ran in two years, let alone touched a ball. And finding someone to watch two kids on a weekly basis sounds tough. oh well, we'll see what happens. I signed Kylie up for her second round of soccer tots. She'll start in April!!




No comments:
Post a Comment