Monday, March 29, 2010

Spring...







Spring is in the air, and I'm loving it! The front yard is on its way (we got six flats planted already) and even the late snow couldn't stop them! Luckily, they're still looking like they might make it! This weekend we took the kiddos to get pictures taken. All in all, it went alright. Beck was in the middle of a nap when we had to wake him up to take his turn, he lasted maybe ten minutes before melting down. Also, turns out Kylie has become quite the cheesy picture taker. She has this fake smile that looks so corny that came across in almost all the shots. In the end, we found two we liked for Beck and one for the little lady.

Beck is getting so ready to move. He barely sits still anymore, wiggles anytime you try to hold him, and loves to be down on the ground to practice crawling, which right now is really just the funny swimming motion. No offense to the little man, but I think its going to be a while before he gets going...he's not exactly small in the stomach area, and that's a lot to lift. He has gained the ability to stick out his tongue, which is hilarious. He'll mirror you, so if you stick yours out, his will come out too. As I love doing this, we spend much of our day making funny faces at each other. For a long time now he's been making a sound identical to 'momma' anytime he gets upset and he tries to calm himself down. He obviously didn't know what it meant or anything, but now...well I'm not saying my son is a genius (that's exactly what i'm saying =)) but he's perfected the word with precise clarity and I LOVE it. I truly think he's starting to figure out that it means me, since he's been doing it so long and I always answer him. Yesterday, on the way home from taking Ky to school, the sun was coming through the car at just the right angle to be right in his face. So I got to hear a sad 'momma' call over and over all the way until we turned into the neighborhood. It was so sad, cute, sweet, all at the same time.

Kylie got to go over to her friend Makenzie's house on Saturday to celebrate her 4th birthday! Man, did her mommy Stephanie outdo herself w/ a carnival theme party complete with cotton candy maker, bounce house, games, tickets, and a prize wall. I LOVED it, and so did Kylie. She had a blast. Here's a shot of her eating cotton candy, and a pick of the inside of the card Kylie made her friend. She wrote it all by herself (except the heart which I did) I'm so proud of her!

1 comment:

  1. I am VERY impressed with Kylie's writing! I hope we will be there with Makenzie soon.

    ReplyDelete