





We packed up the family and headed to Great Wolf Lodge this past weekend to celebrate Kylie's 4th birthday! Her Nana and Dampa got her a gift certificate for her birthday and my sister and niece Peyton came along to enjoy the fun as well. I went back and forth as to whether or not we were going to take Beck, and ended up bringing him along. When you're nursing, it's almost more of a pain to not have him than it is to take him...and let's just say he's not a fan of the bottle just yet (sooner or later he'll have to be as I plan to ween him in April).
Anyways, aside from our room not being ready until 5:15 (we arrived around 3:30) the trip was AMAZING from start to finish. Even though it is super expensive, I still think its worth doing at least once. Kylie had such a fun time in the splash park, aside from getting cold, and she got way more into the wand magic quest than I thought she would. They didn't go in order or follow the directions, but still had a blast exploring the 8 floors and finding treasures that light up, animals that talk, and pictures with hidden symbols in them. She got to play in the arcade, eat chocolate s'more fondue, ice cream, and many more treats. We'll be detoxing her for the rest of the week for sure. The food was absolutely incredible and not TOO overpriced since it was so good. I recommend their BBQ chicken quesaidillas at the restaurant on the third floor...delicious to say the least. Beck did pretty well while we were there, took his naps while the girls were out running around, and he was pretty amazed by the water park too! Jason put his feet in, but that was it. I'm not such a fan of community pools it we didn't want him freezing afterwards.
All in all, an amazing, VERY kid friendly place. The thing I was most impressed with was the bracelets. They linked them to your credit card so you didn't have to carry any wallet (places just scanned your wrist) and it also worked as your room key...very clever, and helpful, considering you already have your hands full trying to keep an eye on little ones. The room we picked was the kids cabin, that had its own kid area with bunk beds and their own t.v. The beds weren't very comfy in my opinion but what hotels are...right? Here are some pics from the trip!




No comments:
Post a Comment