Monday, April 19, 2010

Trip to the E.R....all for nothing...










Jason came home early Friday to make Kylie's 'week of the child' family cookout at her school, only to find out he came at the very end of it, which is a pretty big bummer. But he and Ky were both home by 11, so we had a lot of time to hang out. The two of them are becoming pretty close now that the weather is warming up. They both spent most of the afternoon in the backyard working on the flowerbeds and grass.

We were planning to have a picnic in the park Sunday after church, which got cancelled due to the rain (boo!) but we're hoping to try again soon. Instead, our friends Hayley and Michael came over with their two kiddos, Gabe and Addie. Kylie had so much fun walking Addie around now that she's mobile. And as always, she loves having Gabe by her side every step of the way. Ky and Gabe were able to make and roll out their own dough for personal pizzas Jason made them, which they loved, except for when they started putting their feet in it. Yuck! But hey, they're the ones that ate them! Addie ate enough for lunch to feed a whole country, and then quickly gulped down some brownie too! Here are some pics of the fun time we had with great friends!

All day Sunday Beck seemed a little fussy, needing held more than normal and not napping as much. We thought it was just because his schedule was off, but we were wrong. I finally got him to fall asleep around 9:30 and then he woke up an hour later screaming. Seeing as he just got over an ear infection and stopped taking his medicine, I figured it must be his ears. He screamed almost non-stop until 3:30 in the morning, when I finally decided to take him to the ER. It was just so not like him and I was worried. An hour later, turns out, they found nothing. No temp, no infection, no gunk in his ears, chest, nose, or throat. Long story short, he must have just been teething, or had a stomach ache. He did seem more gassy than usual. I finally got him to crash around 5 am, and he slept 2 1/2 hours before waking up, this time, totally happy. It really was the strangest thing! And there's nothing like taking a kid to the ER and have the diagnosis of: well baby. That's a lot of money down the drain, but you never know. And something was def. hurting him, whatever it was. If it's teething, I hope they cut soon. Teeth seem to bother him more than they ever did Ky, but I don't feel or see any new ones coming through.

Oh well, I'm just hoping for more sleep tonight, or else we'll be heading to the pediatrician tomorrow.

Kylie has her second soccer class today, and she can't wait to go! I'm so excited that it's going so well!!!! Here are some pics of her and her friend Sydney from practice last week! And a couple pictures of us celebrating Beck's 1/2 bday! My big boy is officially 6 months old!!! and he LOVED trying a little bit of the cupcake icing!

1 comment:

  1. I always follow my intuition and go to the dr. A lot of times its nothing, but better good news then bad! There is nothing worse than your baby screaming and you don't know why:(

    ReplyDelete