The doctor came into the exam room after that and this was the convo:
Him: So that's good news!
Me: Yeah! Really good! Really surprising!
Him: Yea, the tech said she was shocked that there was no sign of it. I'm not going to lie, I've never seen a hemorrhage as big as yours heal that fast. I mean that sucker was HUGE. I remember looking at the sono pics and thinking...wow.
I love the fact that before, what was described to me as a 'fairly moderate size' has become 'huge', but in the words of my doctor, what good would it have done to describe it that way previously when there is nothing to be done either way. Now, my doctor is a fairly awkward man, but as many of you know, I can be quite strange from time to time, so we get along quite well. I like the fact that there is no formalities and I can talk to him w/out all the crap you get from some docs.
Anyways...This is all good news. God has heard our prayers and has spread his blessings upon our family. I think it still hasn't fully hit me yet and I'm not sure when it will. Being that I'm just shy of 16 weeks, we tried to take a look at the sex, but the baby wasn't really cooperating. He/she was sitting indian style and wouldn't stop moving the entire time. There was a brief glimpse of what the tech and I both thought to be boy parts, but she said 'this early, it could have just as likely been a foot.' So we go back in another month to determine the sex and actually do all the blood work and cultures I have yet to do.
It is a good day.
We are relieved.
We are thankful.
We are humbled
We are truly blessed.




I am so happy for you and your growing family! Congratulations!!
ReplyDelete