Anyways, back to the point. Met with the sono tech today, she recognized me since it hadn't been that long since I had to deal with her and issues with Beck (placenta problems, lack of weight gain, etc). So sad...Anyways....the diagnosis? Subchorionic hemorrhage. I know right, what??? Let me dumb it down for you like the doctor had to do for me...The baby sack is separating from the uterine wall, causing massive bleeding and cramping. Good news is the baby is doing very well....and the actual 'official' answer is that we're 11 weeks and 5 days along, putting the due date at Feb. 18th. The not so good news, this hemorrhaging puts me in a high risk category, meaning that if the issue doesn't fix itself, we will most likely have a miscarriage. There is NOTHING the doctor can do except monitor, there is no surgery or medicine except prayer that my body will recognize what happened and begin to reabsorb the blood, allowing the walls to reconnect. I have another sono in three weeks, and the goal is to see that the bleeding hasn't gotten bigger (this would be bad) and hopefully it will have shrunk a little bit. But, according to the doctor, mine is a fairly large size, meaning it could be months until it heals...there is no known cause for this, although they do think that this might have been what caused the miscarriages before Beck. Its sorta like a...if you have one, you're probably susceptible to them in general.
I came home and started to do all this research, found a site where all these mom's put their stories fighting with similar situations as ours, some successful, some not. I didn't get that far and I shut off the computer. I know God already has our story written, and I will trust in Him. Until the next appointment, more pelvic rest, no exercise, no lifting (heavier than Beck) In other words, the easier I take it, the higher chance that this fixes itself quicker. Oh yea, I forgot to mention that the doctor also said he wouldn't be surprised if there is more bleeding episodes (what fun!) but according to him, if the baby has survived the last two, and is only getting stronger, he has high hopes that it will be a positive outcome. So here's to praying that this little fighter remains a little fighter....And that is the latest...




I am glad I could be of help! You would do the same thing for me!!
ReplyDeleteContinuing to pray for you and the baby!!
I hope you are able to take it easy. Please know that I am praying for you and your little fighter.
ReplyDelete