No where in this process did I think I'd start to get sappy about moving, but this past weekend I was watching Jason have a pillow fight with the kids (Yes, Stratton was laughing so hard I think there was a moment when he wasn't even breathing) and I realized that there have been so many memories made in this house. We've raised 2 1/2 kids here (Ky was 9 months when we moved in) and I could go on and on explaining every little knick on the floors and walls, because each one has a story behind it. But more than anything, I'm going to miss the people I've met. I know we're not moving far, but I also know that some relationships will still change. I'll loose my Target night trip partner, and Ky's friendships with so many of the wonderful girls in our neighborhood will shift as well. This terrifies me.
The change brings with it a sense of excitement, but I can't say I'm excited about a new beginning, simply because I wouldn't do it any different than I did here. If I could, I'd pick up all our friends and move them with us!
Family is what makes a house a home, I'm well aware, but I think it also has something to do with the people in your neighborhood. I have my fingers crossed that our future will be as bright as our present, because there's so much I'm going to miss!




If I had it my way, you guys would be moving this way.
ReplyDelete