Thursday, April 5, 2012

Life...

I feel like lately we've been running around like mad men, but I really don't have much to show for it. We've slowly been packing boxes of things we know we won't need for the next two months (old books, rarely used board games, art work) in order to make the house look less cluttered when we start showing it to renters (hopefully in the next two weeks), but the bummer is, when you're packing away things you rarely notice and they're things that are rarely seen by others (shoved in front closet, etc) It doesn't really look like you've done anything at all. We've packed full our trash can, as well as our kind neighbors, for the last three weeks, throwing things out we no longer need and can't donate and/or sell. We got rid of the black rocker that I've used with all 3 kiddos, and I'm slowly handing down clothes from Stratton and Kylie that we no longer have use for. All in all, I guess you have to start somewhere, and I'd say we've definitely done that much!

The weather has been all over the place around here lately. One day its almost 90 degrees, the next day there's tornados, and the next day the high is in the 50's. Which explains why both the boys are sick....of course!) But when it has been nice, the kids have spent a huge amount of time in the back yard. They love using their buckets and shovels, and rain water to go "exploring", "mix up concoctions" and "take care of my plants". Newie is just as content dumping handfuls of sand on his head and laughing as it finds its way to every crevice of his chubbiness! Its a pain to clean up, but its a sure fire way to keep them entertained for an hour if not longer.

This is usually how Newie looks at the end of an afternoon playing in the backyard, caked with wet sand, he doesn't seem to mind at all, and honestly speaking, as long as its a bath night, neither do I! My boys are definitely boys, they aren't afraid of a little dirt....or a lot for that matter!


He must have some pretty big teeth coming in towards the back of his mouth, he's chewing on everything. He bit Beck's hand the other day, nearly drawing blood, and chewed on a roll of toilet paper to the point that I thought the dog had ripped into it.


Ky and Beck deep in their "work"


Love the connection these two have. She's such a good big sister!


Last weekend, Ky got to get all dolled up to go to a Fancy Nancy Birthday party for her friend Makenzie. We loved going through her closet and seeing what we could put together. The party was a blast complete with parfaits and cupcakes!

Here she is all "pink and purpled" and blinged out for the party.


No comments:

Post a Comment