Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Stratton turns 14 months...


@ 14 months I can honestly say that Newie is one of the oddest ducks I happen to know. All of my children have made me smile from ear to ear, but for very different reasons. Kylie was/is sweet, intelligent, and passionate. Beckham was/is hilarious, expressive, and goofy. Stratton was/is...well....just strange.

@ 14 months he loves:
-throwing food on the ground while he eats (I'm surprised our dog is still alive)
-carrying around (with a death grip) sharp, pointy objects such as tooth brushes, sticks and pencils
-any violent action...if you want to really get him laughing uncontrollably, just put him on the trampoline with the kids, throw the big bouncy ball directly in his face, allow him to free fall from Beck's toddler bed to the ground, or pillow fight with his siblings (he loves getting hit).....
-chewing on rocks, really... chewing on anything, but especially rocks
-eating sand
-chasing around the dirt piles while I sweep the hard woods....he tries with all his might to grab whatever he can and shoves it in his mouth like its some sort of candy, and not a mixture of trash, dog hair, mud, and days old cereal.
-trying to bite people, particularly his brother, and more particularly his brother's toes..i know, odd right?
-racing cars. He'll get one of beck's cars on the wood floors and push it down the hall while yelling GOOOOOOOO. He also likes to yell NOOOOOO when you're doing something he disapproves of
-stacking and sorting objects
-flushing the toilet, playing with the toilet paper rolls, and playing with the bathtub faucets
-watching t.v. ...now this one needs a little more explanation...All of my kids had a fascination with t.v. at some point. For Ky it was mickey mouse then spongebob, for Beck it is bubble guppies and dora. Stratton isn't particularly picky about the show, but will randomly have emotional breakdowns with particular characters. The not-at-all-scary dinosaurs on bubble guppies, the overly friendly troll on mike the night, the list goes on, but I've never seen a child as young as he is have such an attachment. I'm talking "tears rolling down my cheeks, Mom better come console me now before I stop BREATHING crying fits...." It really is the strangest thing I've ever seen. And depending on the episode you can see it coming, so its almost one of those "wait for it..." moments. It took us a while to figure out. I kept running from the kitchen to the living room asking ky if Newie hit his head or if Beck took a toy from him. Both Ky and Beck would look at me like...Mom, we haven't even moved in 15 minutes....

@14 months Stratton's not a fan of:
-haircuts (screams bloody murder)
-any amount of time in the umbrella stroller (screams bloody murder) will only sit in the double stroller which is really too big (not to mention unnecessary) for me to take around town
-the church nursery, we've given up even trying to take him since they always end up pulling one of us out of service to deal with him.

He's one crazy cat, that's for sure. On almost a daily basis, I say to myself...If I'm ever at the police station bailing out one of my kids, I'd put my money on this one.....is that a bad thing to say? =)

Happy 14 months to my crazy, one of a kind, not another one like him, NEWIE!

Everything to the mouth...
Not sure how this one just got loaded. But this is proof of the entire container of dish soap he poured on the floor in the kitchen last month...it reminds me of the ghostbuster movies =)


The spaceship chair that hooks to our bar height table is back to make its third and final appearance. And apparently Newie is still not sure what these silly round things are that I keep putting his food on...within seconds food is everywhere and the plate is on the floor...I keep telling myself he has to "get it" eventually....right? RIGHT?




No comments:

Post a Comment