I think the anticipation of the end of school and the house move has worn me down. Now both are just two short weeks away, and I find myself exhausted before it even starts! Like every busy time, more events pop up making it even busier than expected. And that perfectly explains the month of May for us!
This past weekend, Jason and I took the opportunity to use some free byron nelson tickets and headed to watch some golf with some good friends of ours. What I thought was going to be a boring, semi-pointless outing, turned out to be lots of fun. Its nice to get away and not worry about the kiddos for an afternoon, and I also found my first golf crush. Some Canadian golfer in yellow pants, Graham something or other, was fun to watch (and not too bad to look at either), and we spent a good bit of time following him, and of course stopping to watch Phil and Arnie (sp?) and some other golfers whose names I ought to know by now! Here's a shot of us on the 3rd hole. The best part? Checking out all the multi-million dollar homes that back up to the course....can you say wow! some people just have TOO much money!
This girl is as active as ever as school comes to a close. Field Day, Splash Day, Ice cream Social, Kinder graduation, last soccer game with the wild cats, as well as her last girl scout meeting with troop #208! There's so much she's going to miss about living here, but she also seems super stoked about the new house and starting a new chapter. Here she is at her girl scout picnic:
On Sunday we found ourselves stopping for lunch after a quick trip to the store (because a quick trip never actually ends up being quick)....I took one look at Ky with her hands across her mouth and her eyes as big as a deer in headlights and I knew right away that the wiggly tooth that wouldn't fall out finally met its match against the toasted turkey cheese she chomped right into. Tears automatically started to fall from her eyes when she realized that she swallowed the tooth along with her lunch...after some consoling and letter writing, turns out the tooth fairy had no problems understanding the conundrum, whew! catastrophe averted! She's such an adorable little girl! sometimes I forget underneath the layers of intelligence and maturity of a 30 year old, she's still a kid at heart!
The in-laws come in town tomorrow evening and then J and I head for our trip to NOLA! I can't wait! I'm hopping the kids are manageable, and I'm hoping the trip is fun with very little hangover and lots of laughs. (the later is guaranteed with the couples going with us...its the first one I'm worried about!)







No comments:
Post a Comment