
So...this is me, waiving my white flag. I give up. After two weeks of trying, I have realized that he's just not ready and it is my own stubbornness that kept me from admitting that there is nothing wrong with continuing to breastfeed...at least for now. My goal was always 6 months for a couple different reasons, #1 breastfeeding and sweaty texas summers don't sound like fun #2 teeth (which he already has two of and, fingers crossed, haven't posed a problem yet) #3 just wanted a little more freedom to not have our life revolve around his eating schedule. But, for two weeks I have tried offering him bottles of breast milk, and now he's gotten to the point where he starts screaming before I even put it near his mouth. Clearly, he's not a fan. He has dropped two of his daily feedings (surprisingly, the two I try to bottle feed him at) and not that he's going to wither away (all 18 lbs. of him) but I can't help but thinking that he's not getting the nutrition that he needs. When I could get him to take from a bottle it was MAYBE one ounce on average, and that usually ended up coming back up because he was so distraught taking it that he took in more air than milk.
SOOOO...after praying, and thinking, I have decided to put it to rest for the time being. This should make both of us less frustrated which is always good! After all, I'm the one that decided to breastfeed...which I still think was a good idea, so I will wait until he's more ready...let's just hope that's sooner than later.




I am glad for you that nursing is still working out and that Beck is not biting! Think of all the $$ you are saving!!!! :o)
ReplyDeleteI cannot wean my 20 month old! I have been trying for months! She will not have it. 2 years old is definitely my stopping point... I just hope she is more ready come July so there will not be a big battle! We live in Austin and I feel it is a little more acceptable here to nurse a toddler so that makes me feel better:)Women nurse their babies here EVERY WHERE! Hoping it works out for you:)
ReplyDelete