Friday, June 4, 2010

Rambling thoughts...





When Beck was born, I started this blog as a way to express, to sometimes vent and sometimes brag. But somewhere in there it has become more of a day-to-day track of our busy life. Maybe that is because we are doing SO much, maybe because I'm almost positive I was a professional writer in a previous life, but every time I sit down to post, all I hear is duuuuhhhhh.....

So today, I'm going to write, and try to refrain (it isn't easy) from posting any pictures...ok, maybe I'll just post a couple...let's be realistic here.

Today, another school year comes to a close. Usually, I would be celebrating the freedom from some of the students that caused me hell all year, and lamenting in the fact that I'll miss my favorites when next years batch rolls through. Instead, Its 2 in the afternoon, and I just spent the last half hour rocking Beck to sleep, not because he needed it, or even because I did. I did it simply because I can.

There is something to be said for being centered. When everything in your life is lining up perfectly and you are deliriously happy, not for any particular reason, but just because. Just because you have a wonderful husband, two beautiful children, family and friends whom you adore, and simply, just because you love your life. That is where I am currently. Who knows the cause (I would put much of it towards the fact that I believe my hormones are finally getting back to normal after weening the lil' man) but I am very thankful for all I have, and I am wanting for nothing (well, maybe nothing more than holding on to this feeling forever).

Kylie went to school only two days this week. I'm not going to lie, I was worried about having them both home. Worried about her getting bored, me trying to handle both of them, etc. It was such an exhausting, yet WONDERFUL week! I got to watch both my babies do nothing but laugh (sometimes, at me, sometimes at each other) for two days straight. I am so thankful I made the decision to stay home. It truly has been one of the best decisions I have ever made.

Currently, there is laundry to be folded, and a house to be cleaned, but hey, I got it. know why? because in about an hour, when Beck wakes from his nap, I get to go in there and be the first person he sees. I get to steal the first post-nap smile. I get to cuddle with him for almost a full five minutes until he gets acclimated and realizes I am stealing precious playtime from him.

I am never going to get these moments back, and I am so glad that I realize that enough to soak up each and every one of them while I can.

Jason turned 29 yesterday. 29! And I'm right behind him! At our age, you can't even pretend you are young anymore. People are starting to ask about our 10 yr. reunion, and I just want someone to tell me where the time has gone! We sometimes look back at pictures from the day we took Ky home from the hospital. How we looked like kids, so green, so innocent. And now, well, the word veteran comes to mind. Now, its assumed we're old enough to have multiple kids. Now...I no longer wear bikinis to the pool....

I've been on a big quote kick lately, and this one (an old favorite that is making its way back into my life) has been very relevant. "Nothing is worth more than this day." Well said Goethe, well said.


No comments:

Post a Comment