Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye 2011...



Today is new years eve. The cusp of new beginnings for many people, hope for a new start, and a chance to right old wrongs. As I look back at the last year a few thoughts pop into my head...

Warp Speed: This time last year I was 7 months pregnant, physically miserable, mentally exhausted, and uncertain of how our family would handle the addition of #3. Today I am thankful for Stratton, the biggest of surprises that has turned out to be one of the most amazing blessings. But man oh man, how time flies by! In no time at all that baby boy will be turning one. And for the first time in a long time, our house will be empty of baby bottles, formula, and such. I can't go so far as to say that I'll miss it, but I will look back upon it with more of a faint, reminisent smile than I originally thought I would.

Appreciation: I have the most amazing husband. And if there's one thing I hope to do better at in the new year, it is to make more of an attempt to show him how much he means to me and to our family. He is my rock, and he should know how much he is loved and appreciated.

Blessings: We made it through the year relatively healthy all things considered. Stratton's birth, Ky's eyes, J's kidneys...the list could go on, we're not exactly what you would call a healthy family. But 2011 was good to us. It was the break we'd been looking for and desperately needing since before Beck's birth. In 2011, we breathed...usually with one kid on our hip, one pulling on our leg and the other calling for us from across the house, but still, we breathed. I LOVE the chaos that is our life. And I wouldn't change it for anything.

Heading into the new year I hope for more of what we already have. A house filled with laughter, a family filled with love, and a life filled with the Lord's blessings.

I have a feeling that 2012 will bring with it change for our family. And that's alright, we've been waiting for some of it. And even the unexpected change that is yet unknown, we'll dive in with our hearts strong, our heads clear, and our family close.

I hope the new year is good to you and yours, and I pray that you get everything your heart desires...and if you already have it (like I do) my wish for you is even simpler, I hope for continued satisfaction that fills your heart with joy and peace.

Cheers to 2011, and Welcome 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment