Kylie is, and always has been, this fascinating mix of Jason and I. I couldn't tell you how many times we've passed glances between each other with our mouths agape as we wonder how in the world God could take the strongest parts of both our personalities and make a person out of it (and he/she not completely explode on the inside.)
From Jason, she got her amazing attention to detail, competitive nature, desire of debate, infallible confidence, and great self awareness. From me she got her creativity, corkiness, desire to please, a NEED to follow instructions, and a deep love of learning. Unfortunately, she received her desire for perfection from us both...each day more of Jason comes out in her. And each day I see a little less of me. For as much as I long for her to hold on to her imagination and ability to laugh, her free spirit becomes a little more rigid each passing day. I take refuge in the fact that J is the most amazing person I have ever met. And although he isn't perfect, there are far worse people I would want her emulating, and none that I would place above him.
There will be a day, maybe not many from today, where she is a mini-him. But until then, I will love the girl she is NOW....and hope that she'll still laugh at my corny jokes of tomorrow even though she won't think they're funny....because Jason never does....never. =)




No comments:
Post a Comment