Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend...












Memaw and Papap made their way into town this weekend to see the kiddos! And although the weather was pretty roastin', I think they still had a great time hanging out with Beck and Ky. We went to the farmers' market in downtown McKinney, spent lots of time in the pool, and took Ky to get new earrings and a new BIG girl bike. She's been riding her 12", which she's really too big for, so we decided to graduate her to the 16" this weekend. She had so much fun riding it with mom, and she really enjoyed her new light up helmet and bike ringer. Monday we met up with Aaron and Stephanie and their girls at the pool, and then followed it up with a wonderful dinner where the girls got to play play dough, dress up, and even spent some time in tap shoes.

Beck had his eye procedure done last week and it really didn't go nearly as well as anyone hoped. The doctor said Beck's anatomy makes it hard to open up his tear duct by probing. And he will most likely need to have actual surgery (which may include drilling a tiny hole in one of the bones on the side of his nose). He will go back in later this week to check and see if the procedure worked (slim chance), but if not, Jason will handle this next surgery part on his own (the simple probing was enough to make me cry all the way home). Truly, I don't know how parents of seriously sick/injured children do it! Anyways, he's in the middle of cutting his fourth tooth (this one seems to be a tough one, giving him all sorts of problems) and is starting to attempt to actually crawl. I don't think it will be long till he is mobile. Kylie's out of school for the summer, and will only be going to whistle stop two days a week! I think the summer will be full of fun times!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I thought I posted a comment earlier, but apparently it didn't go through. Love the post and love what you are doing with your blog. I think I need you to show me a few things so I can make changes on mine! Also, notice the difference in pictures that we captured of Beck. He is all grins in yours, but has a look of uncertainty in mine. Hmm.....can we say, "momma's boy?"

    ReplyDelete