This big man keeps my stomach tight with laughing day in and day out. His new favorite phrases are, "not yet" (which is fun when this is his response to every transition question I ask him) and "this cold?" which is always followed with "this hot?" He's doing well with learning his colors, and of course he can name almost every type of construction machine there is! The train table is still a big hit, however, now its just the game of tearing it all apart after mom takes time putting it all back together. I have to remind myself not to get frustrated, this is all apart of the learning process for him no matter how much if drives me crazy. When you ask him how old he is he'll say "two" and hold up any number of fingers on one or both hands (still need to work that one out) He loves doing his gymnastics class, but most of all, he LOVES his big sister.
On Sunday of this past weekend my dad took Kylie on a "Dampa-Kylie" date day. For my dad's birthday gift we got him two tickets to have brunch at the Rec center and take a charter bus to go see Disney Live! Here's a pic of the two of them before leaving the house. Kylie was SO excited! My dad showed up with a rose and a princess balloon. I don't think she could have asked for anything more out of the evening...
On Friday night, the five of us (yes, even Jason and I) donned our costumes and headed to a neighbor's halloween party. I was worried about how Beck would do in his monkey costume, but he did WONDERFUL! He loved it and kept running around making monkey noises. Jason and I both went as super heros (spiderman and batgirl) Ky always loves that we're willing to dress up with her.
She wanted to be a mermaid, so I found this costume online and thought it would work. It didn't look itchy (something that's always a problem) and I wanted to avoid a tail that would get in her way) I must have stretched a little too far because most people kept asking her if she was barbie...i don't know, I see mermaid, but whatever! Could it be the side pony and dress up shoes? I made her wand (yea, I don't know why a mermaid would have a wand either, but she's was adamant about it) and hair piece. Jason said she looked more like a "woman of the night" if you know what I mean. I had tears in my eyes I was laughing so hard after he said it!
I can't wait to celebrate Halloween with the kiddos. We haven't even had a chance to go to a pumpkin patch yet, things have been so busy, but we're hoping to hit one up this weekend and get the carving done as well!
Happy (almost) Halloween!









No comments:
Post a Comment