Kylie is rockin' it these days (as she likes to say!)
-She came home with all "Mastered" on her first kinder report card
-She never had to "flip her clip"
-She stayed on green for the entire first six weeks
This past Friday the boys and I, and my parents, went up to the school for Gator Groove. Its their end of the six weeks recognition party. Kylie received an award for being a "never later gator" (always getting to class on time in the morning), received the character counts award for her class- Responsibility, setting a good example for others, and received an award for "Great effort".
I was so proud, and couldn't wait to give her huge hugs after school. Her first words? "Mom, I didn't get the attendance award because you kept me home sick that one day." Can you say perfectionist??? We had to sit down and talk about how GREAT she did, and how we should focus on all the cool awards she DID get, and not the one we missed this time around!
Her prayer Friday evening was thanking God for making it "her special day". It sure was a special day. And I'm VERY proud of her.
Sitting with her class, waiting for the assembly to start. (she's in the middle in green)
Receiving her "character counts" award (each teacher picked 1 kid from her class)
Receiving her "great effort" award (each teacher picked 4 kids from her class)
This picture makes me laugh. Look at how much taller Kylie is than the rest of this group. I don't think she'll end up being all that tall in the end, but there's a noticeable difference right now!

Nana and me, holding the boys while dancing the ''a-too-di-ta" song. This is something the kinders do at school, and it is HILARIOUS! Stratton LOVED it!
I guess its fair to say that kindergarten is going well so far! I know she's having a blast and loving it. And although I wish she was being challenged more, those days are just around the corner! And I'm JUST FINE with sitting and enjoying the HERE and NOW, and how proud of her I am!




You have every right to brag. You should be so proud!!!!
ReplyDelete